Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow update?

Hey, guys. I'm going on the supposition here that a lot of you are unable to even read this due to the power outages in Westmoreland County. I don't feel comfortable planning on having a quiz when a good percentage of you will likely not be prepared, through no fault of your own.

Sooooo... assuming we have school tomorrow, we will still have a five-point current events quiz, but it will be more for discussion purposes than anything else. It won't count in Skyward.

Now, those of you who are reading this, tell me-- what's it like out there? Are the roads cleared? Have you been out of the house? Mr. Cullen and I are essentially trapped, and he's still out there trying to get the car un-stuck from a side street we slid down unintentionally. Send me a comment telling me what things look like closer to Greensburg...

Stay warm!
Ms. S.

5 comments:

  1. Ms.S,
    The roads arn't that great. We got about 2 1/2 feet of snow and everything frooze over last night. Its very very very cold!:/ alot of people don't have power. i just got power yesterday around 4 scince friday night. its been a fun weekend! haha
    -Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Amy Jo. Thanks for the update. Pittsburgh Ciity schools have canceled already for tomorrow: Mr. Cullen just spent the better part of an hour shoveling an entire street just so he could get our car back into the driveway. There's no way we can make it to the main road.

    We're very VERY lucky to have not lost power, though-- my dad (in Murrysville) and my grandparents (in Monroeville) were both without for about as long as you, it sounds like.

    Hope you have a lot of good books and movies to keep you occupied! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow everywhere. Ice everywhere. Slush everywhere. I'm sure you get the picture. Still have power, but Comcast blew a gasket for about 30 hours, so, I watched a heck of a lot of movies. I definitely recommend the movie "Daybreakers". Look it up. It's still in theaters, but.. WOW. It's a good social commentary, if anything.

    Back to everything else, I've never seen so few cars on 119, where I live in Youngwood. It's close to a ghost-town. I've heard rumblings of no school, I'm guessing half of the teachers (like you) wouldn't be able to get out of their driveway anyway.

    So, good luck with everything! I'll see you whenever we have school again.

    J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mrs. S,
    Luckily we didn't lose power at my house, but i've heard a lot of people around us have. I also heard we're supposed to get another 4-6 inches tuesday thru thursday which will make conditions even worse! Good luck with the shoveling, i know it seems like it's never ending!
    -Lindsey S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mrs. S,
    We had power the whole weekend. Besides the cable getting alll messes up. My dad and neighbors cleared most of the driveways and I played in the snow. And then the snow plow dude had to try four times to get up my hill. And the roads are getting alot better. And yesterday my dad and neighbors went down the street and helped this car get out of the snow. I thought it was funny. And I watched movies yesterday cause the only thing we could watch were channels 2-20.
    - Jamie Downey -

    ReplyDelete