Monday, February 22, 2010

Just another manic Monday...

Today we took our weekly current events quiz. Please note that if you are absent, I cannot send home any quizzes-- you'll have to see me when you return to make them up.

Also, I should point out (if you were not here today) that I have changed the format of the questions. Rather than having five multiple choice questions, I will now give five short-answer questions. The quizzes will be more challenging; be sure to thoroughly read the articles that I post.

We also read about the Bay of Pigs invasion today (Monday) The article can be found here, and the accompanying questions (worth 5 points) are right here.

All of the information we've covered from the beginning of the year up through the Bay of Pigs will be covered on a 30-point test on Friday, but as of Tuesday we will begin the next section, Chapter 18 Section 1. You can re-read this online, and make sure that you have the key words (in blue) defined in your notebooks.The link for the Power Point presentation is here. I will be out on Wednesday and a film will be shown in class; we will continue with the Power Point presentation and lecture on Thursday.

Friday is the Cold War mid-Unit test. Study!

3 comments:

  1. The power point presentation freezes my computer screen, it would be extremely helpful if you could print it out for me like last time and i could send my dad to pick it up on thursday after school when you return. please let me know,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, sorry to hear it's causing you problems. I gave a copy to the 11/12 office for your dad. I will also change the embedded video to a link-- you could try that and see if it solves the problem.

    I hope you are recovering well. We miss you!

    ~Ms. S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind-- I see the video was already a link. So much for that solution! No worries; it is with work from your other classes in the office. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete