Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here We Go!


(Click on the above photo to view in its entirety.)

Don't forget your current events quiz tomorrow, young historians. It will be worth six points, and given in the same format as last Monday's quiz.


  • How do you feel about the women who gave birth to octuplets? Read the story and feel free to chime in with a comment on this or any other story (it might earn you a bonus point.)
  • A UC-Davis professor has found a way to breed a new variety of rice that might help alleviate some hunger in the world. What is special about the rice?
  • The mood in Iraq about Saturday night's elections was much different from the mood in 2005.
  • Israel's Prime Minister Olmert vows this if rocket fire continues from Gaza.
  • There seems to be some controversy brewing about Slumdog Millionaire. (Have you seen it yet? I have not, but still want to. Not tonight, though, because...)
  • Pittsburgh's goin' to the Superbowl!


4 comments:

  1. the woman in the first article had 6 children already. what was she thinking going to the fertility clinic? unless the woman is very wealthy she should not be allowed to take care of the children, if she dose not receive help from someone, the children will be neglected and not receive the care they need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slumdog Millionaire was a good movie, all of the characters in it were great, however, I don't think the movie had any relevance to anything really. I feel like the movie never really ended, maybe I just didn't understand.

    I've researched that genetically engineered technology is imprecise, I've read that scientists do not fully understand the complexity of living organisms to know what they are doing when they place a gene into something. I am not sure if this would solve any real hunger issues, especially if it's a United States import to a country. Who knows though really? Maybe the rice is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you, "Anonymous"? If you are a student, pipe up so I can give you a point! It sounds like you know quite a bit more than I about this rice issue and am interested in the research you've done (I, admittedly, only know what little I read in the short CNN blurb about this so-called "special" rice!)

    Also, I'd like to hear more about "Slumdog" since I don't think I'll be able to see it before it's released on DVD.

    ReplyDelete