Friday, November 6, 2009

The week in review...

This week, we completed Power Point notes for the Five Pillars of Islam. This religion will be compared/contrasted with Judaism so that we can try to understand the Middle East conflict. Please see me for the worksheet.

Middle East maps (10 pts) were due today (Friday) and the quiz was today as well (18 pts.) Please make this up on Monday during activity period if you were absent today.

Friday, also, we began notes on Chapter 19, Section 4, focusing on how the Middle East was carved up post-WWI.

NOTE: I mentioned going to see "The Men Who Stare at Goats" this weekend, and said that if you saw it and could post a comment about it on this blog, I would grant bonus points. I have to take that back, as I didn't realize the movie is rated "R" (I thought it was PG-13). So, if you are 17 and want to see the movie, fantastic, but I can't give you bonus points for it. No worries, though-- next week I will give you specifics on earning (up to) 10 points for an extra credit poster. Many of you need those points-- some of you do not. I'll give you the details by Wednesday.

Have a good weekend! I will update the blog with current events posts on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment